Community involvement is paramount to the success of Stanley Total Living Center. From the volunteer, unpaid Board of Directors to the volunteer service providers, the level of care provided our guests is definitely enhanced by the efforts of these individuals.
- Volunteer Board of Directors from the immediate community
- Community volunteers from local churches daily
- Religious services from a variety of denominations
- Local entertainers perform frequently
- 100 + volunteers provide a wide variety of programs, including live music, Bible study, etc.
Part of our commitment to complete resident care includes giving you and your family many opportunities to get involved. We keep family members informed about what’s going on, and we’re always interested in hearing your comments and ideas.
Residents like to share their new home and new friends with their families, so many of the activities here are designed to be enjoyed with family members of all ages – from regular daily meals to special parties, programs, and entertainment. We encourage families to celebrate holidays with us, and bring in little ones for a visit.
How you choose to spend your time together varies from one family to another. You may want to bring a game to play or a craft to share when you visit. Some family members take walks and do exercises together. Other residents enjoy talking over old times, and looking at photos. Listening to music, letters read out loud or taped messages from family members who are far away are pastimes enjoyed by many.
A warm smile, a familiar voice to talk to and a loving hand to hold may be the best family involvement of all.
- Monthly activity calendar of special events
- Family Nights with medically-related topics are presented routinely
- Family members are encourage to participate in the care planning meeting
Stanley Total Living Center Foundation
- Provides financial support for Stanley Total Living Center, Inc.
- Tax Deductible contributions accepted
- Memorialize a family member by funding a special project
- Rev. Ted Smith Nursing Scholarship fund for employees
- Facility Expansions
- Medical Equipment
- Activity Fund